1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OR INTERNET ACCESS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Sock It to Me “International Design-A-Sock Contest” (“Contest”) begins 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on September 6, 2016 and ends 5:00 p.m. PT on October 14, 2016. All entries must be completed and received by Sock It to Me by September 30, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. PT. There are three (3) ways to enter: online at http://contest.sockittome.com, or by mail, or by hand. No other method of entry will be accepted. Entries for children under age 13 must be submitted by a parent, teacher, or legal guardian.
Online Method: To enter online during the entry period, go to http://contest.sockittome.com/, download entry form and start designing on the template for knee/crew sock provided. Provide your design title, name, telephone number, and email address (for entrants under 13, your parent/legal guardian’s telephone number and email address), upload the completed entry form, and click submit. Entrants must complete all data requested on the online entry form.
Mail-in or Hand Delivery Method: In the alternative, you may enter the Contest by mailing your design entry or delivering it by hand (using the same entry template for socks) along with your name, address, telephone number and email address (if you have one) to: Sock It to Me “International Design a Sock Contest,” 9592 SE Main St, Milwaukie, OR 97222. Limit five (5) entries per person. The design submitted must be the entrant’s original creation and shall not be copied or duplicated from previously published art. The design must fill the template knee/crew sock provided or available online. Incomplete entries are void. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sock It to Me and will not be acknowledged or returned, but Sock It to Me will not use a design without the designer’s permission and winning designers will be paid for any designs put into production. Sock It to Me reserves the right to alter any winning design if necessary.
Sock It to Me assumes no responsibility for damaged, stolen, lost, late, misdirected, illegible or mutilated entries or designs for any computer, online, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider, Internet, web site, or other accessibility or availability issues, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention, or any technical malfunctions that may occur. Entrants shall be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain name associated with the submitted e-mail address.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to entrants of all ages, but if an entrant is under age 13, a parent, teacher, or legal guardian must enter the design for the child. Employees of Sock It to Me, their subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies of Sock It to Me, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible. This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
3. JUDGING: There will be three (3) rounds of judging, applying all of the following criteria in each round to determine winners: (1) simplicity of design (designs that are too complicated or detailed don’t work well on socks); (2) use of a maximum of six colors; (3) use of colors that are flat and solids, NO shading, blending or half tones; (4) use of pattern; (5) use of imagery, themes, patterns, or designs that are different from our current line; and (6) originality. All of these criteria are preferences judges will use during all rounds of judging. (Check out our website for designs that have worked in the past). Rounds of judging: First, between October 3 – October 6, 2016, a panel of Sock It to Me judges (including Sock It to Me’s designers and celebrity judges) will select thirty (30) semi-finalists from among all eligible entries received between September 6 at 9:00 a.m. PT and September 30, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. On October 7, 2016, the judges will upload to Sock It to Me’s contest website and Facebook page those top thirty (30) designs. Between October 7, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. PT and October 14, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, Sock It to Me fans, applying the same six judging criteria, will then help determine by vote the top ten (10) finalists from among the thirty semi-finalists. On or about 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on October 17, 2016, a panel of Sock It to Me judges will select the three final winners from among the ten (10) finalists and announce the winner on Sock It to Me’s contest website and Facebook page. Judging will be conducted at Sock It to Me’s offices, located at 9592 SE Main Street, Milwaukie, OR 97222. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded. Limit one prize per person, family or household. Winner (or in the case of children under 13, his or her parent, teacher, or legal guardian) will be notified via email, and/or telephone.
4. PRIZES: There will be one (1) winner selected and one (1) prize granted. One First Place Winner will receive two thousand dollars ($2000) cash, plus fifteen (15) pairs of socks, plus Sock It to Me will produce the winning design. One Second Place Winner will receive five hundred dollars ($500) cash, plus ten (10) pairs of socks. One Third Place Winner will receive two hundred fifty dollars ($250) cash, plus five (5) pairs of socks. Socks cannot be exchanged for cash, and prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion. Sock It to Me reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except as provided herein.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state, and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Prize winner(s) (or in the case of minors, their parent or legal guardian) will be required to execute a contract for the winning designs and an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form. Return of any prize and/or prize notification as undeliverable or failure of any entrant to comply with any Official Rules will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
Winners or their parent or legal guardian grant Sock It to Me the right to use and publish winner’s name, designs and state of residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sock It to Me and their advertising and promotional agencies to use winners’ names and likenesses for editorials, advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Each entrants or his or her parent or legal guardian represents and warrants that all designs are entrant’s own work and will not infringe on the rights of any third parties.
By entering, each participant or his or her parent/legal guardian releases and holds harmless Sock It to Me, Facebook, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any Contest related activity, or participation in the Contest.
As a condition of participating in this Contest, each participant or his or her parent/legal guardian agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between and the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court of competent jurisdiction located in Portland, Oregon which court shall apply the laws of the state of Oregon without regard for rules of conflicts of law. In any such dispute, participant and/or his or her parent or legal guardian shall, under no circumstances, be entitled to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any) associated with participating in the Contest, and participant hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
. Entrants will be disqualified for engaging in the following actions: (1) manufacturing votes for their entry through the use of software or other technology, for this reason, all IP addresses used to vote will be recorded; (2) promising fans, followers, customers, relatives, friends, or other individuals products or goods in trade for votes. Any entrants found to be engaging in these actions will have their entry removed from the voting process and will be ineligible for all related prizes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SOCK IT TO ME RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sock It to Me and Facebook are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. Sock It to Me and Facebook assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sock It to Me and Facebook are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sock It to Me which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sock It to Me reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
IN NO EVENT WILL SOCK IT TO ME, FACEBOOK, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND RELATED COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, OR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITE http://www.sockittome.com/ OR http://contest.sockittome.com OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL FROM SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
7. LIST OF WINNERS: For a list of winners, after October 16, 2016 mail a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to: Sock It to Me “International Design-a-Sock Contest,” 9592 SE Main Street, Milwaukie, OR, 97222.
8. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any information provided in connection with this Contest is provided to Sock It to Me, and not to Facebook.