+ 12 pairs of socks & your design may be manufactured on real socks, at our discretion.
+ your design may be manufactured on real socks, at our discretion.
+ your design may be manufactured on real socks, at our discretion.
Follow us on social to stay up to date on the latest contest news.
“I'm a graphic designer / ecologist. I love pizza and I fell in love with Sock It to Me in 2019 when I saw a friend wearing space cheese socks. I have participated in the contest every year since that moment.”
Winning Sock: Bananarwhal
“I have to say that winning the Design a Sock Contest is one of my biggest accomplishments. I love everytime I get recognized by the wave socks design in my city, so many people were involved in the voting and it inspired so much unity. That’s for sure the biggest prize I already received.”
Winning Sock: The Wave
“I am a plastic artist living in Panamá with my dog Luigio. I like to illustrate everything I see in a gothic way.”
Winning Sock: Punkzilla
Did your sock-cess inspire you to go out and take on new creative projects or risks?
“Yes. I was inspired to try different art projects I hadn’t done before like sculpturing pins and magnets. My local zoo also loved the socks and my art, so I donated some artwork to help raise funds for the animals’ enrichment program.”
What was it like seeing your winning design on an actual sock for the first time?
“It’s pretty surreal. Seeing them on my own feet was pretty cool, but the stranger part was knowing that there were strangers across the world wearing them that I’d never even get to meet, and yet I impacted their life in some small way anyway.”
What advice would you give to someone considering entering Design-a-Sock Contest this year?
“I would say it can't hurt to enter! Write out a list of ideas that you have never seen on a sock before, because that will make your design unique. Once you have your list choose the designs that you can really visualize looking cool, and create some awesome designs!”
Shop the winning design: Foxes in Boxes
Did you know that you don't have to win the contest to have your sock produced? Shop the past winner and other fan favorite entries, here!
Fruity Bloom Crew Socks
You’re on a warm sun-soaked beach sipping an ice cold glass of fruit punch, with every care in your life miles away. Or you’ll feel that way after sliding these beauties over your toes. Another popular Design A Sock Contest entry has found its way to becoming one of our favorite pairs, and the only thing that could make it better might be a tiny paper umbrella.SHOP SUBMISSIONS
Wizard Lizard Crew Socks
We all know that wizards can turn into lizards, but vice versa? One of our fearless Design A Sock Contest entrants dared to imagine it! Whether you’re conducting an orchestra of mops and brooms, or you’re defending your fellowship from certain doom, YOU CANNOT PASS!…on these Wizard Lizard socks!SHOP SUBMISSIONS
Bananarwhal Knee High Socks
Have you ever noticed that narwhals sort of look like a banana? Well one of our talented Design A Sock Contest entrants did! We loved it so much we made these awesome socks, and you’ll never think of narwhals the same way again.SHOP SUBMISSIONS
The Wave Knee High Socks
Say hello to the winning design from our 2020 Design-a-Sock Competition! Luca Luz, a UI designer and artist from Brazil, submitted The Wave design, saying "This wave represents the rise of different people together, and a New Wave is a dream of a new generation."SHOP SUBMISSIONS
The Wave Men's Crew SocksSHOP SUBMISSIONS
Foxes in Boxes
Now where did I put my pet fox? How many times have I said that mid move? Moving is stressful business, but at least these foxes are having fun. And once all the back and forth in the trucks is done, you can play in the boxes with the foxes. What do you want to do first, go to outer space or race cars? Mine's blue!SHOP SUBMISSIONS
These Design-a-Sock winners are a celebration of Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) and the beautiful altars that are created annually to honor the departed. Sugar skulls are usually placed on the altars created for the deceased, and with these calaveras made for your calves, you can take them anywhere you want. These are some sweet socks with a significant meaning.SHOP SUBMISSIONS
No need to bury your head in the sand with these socks on, this long necked fellow is the cutest nine foot tall bird we've ever seen...aside from Big Bird, of course. Available in Knee High and Stretch-It socks.SHOP SUBMISSIONS
How often do you get to look down and see a solar system? With these crew socks the answer is all the time! These 2013 Design A Sock Contest winning socks made such an impact as a knee high, that we just had to make a crew sock for the guys. Available in Stretch-It, Men's Crew, and Youth Knee High socks.SHOP SUBMISSIONS
Feeling lazy? Want everyone to get off your back so you can just hang out? Send out the message strong with our new contest winner Sloth socks.SHOP SUBMISSIONS
Fact; Unicorns eat danger for breakfast. Fact; Unicorns poop Rainbows.SHOP SUBMISSIONS
Being attacked by a giant squid is pretty terrifying, but luckily this is just a sock.SHOP SUBMISSIONS
Design-a-Sock is your chance to tell us what you want on our socks, and maybe win the opportunity to see it produced. It also happens to be one of our favorite times of year! We get to see thousands of amazing designs and interact with all of you in a way we wouldn’t otherwise. That said, we do sometimes need to sleep and eat, so we created this FAQ to answer some of your questions during this busy time. If you don’t find your question here, please leave a comment and we’ll add it!
This contest is international and open to people 18 and older! Parents and legal guardians of children under 18 also may submit designs created by their children. Residents of the following countries are not eligible to enter or win: the Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Burundi, Central African Republic, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Nicaragua, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan/Darfur, South Sudan, Syria, Ukraine, Russia, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe, and the contest is void where prohibited by law.
You can complete your entry form and submit your finished design here: contest.sockittome.com. Or, after you complete the online form, you can mail it to: Sock It to Me, 9592 SE Main St., Milwaukie, OR 97222, Attn: International Design-A-Sock-Contest. Check the Official Rules for more information about what must be included with mailed entries.
Entries can be submitted 7/7/22 – 7/29/22. Entries received by mail must be postmarked no later than 7/29/22 and we must receive them by no later than 8/5/22.
5 designs per person.
We prefer 6 colors per design, because if a sock with more than 6 colors makes it through the voting process to win, we’ll need to adjust the design for production. All judges will use this preference during the contest because our socks cannot be created with more than 6 colors. Black and white are counted as colors.
1st Place: Cash prize of $2,000, 12 pairs of Sock It to Me socks, and your design may be manufactured on real socks, at our discretion.
2nd Place: Cash prize of $1,000 and your design may be manufactured on real socks, at our discretion.
3rd Place: Cash prize of $650 and your design may be manufactured on real socks, at our discretion.
If we produce a winning design, there is no additional compensation to winners.
Winners will be announced on or about 8/31/22.
Sock It to Me judges, including our designers and our in-house team of experts, will select the top 30 designs from all eligible entries. We will post these chosen 30 semi-finalists on our site https://contest.sockittome.com for our fans to vote from 8/15/22 – 8/21/22 on their favorite designs. The 10 designs that receive the most votes will be entered into a final round of judging, and Sock It to Me judges will select the final 3 winners from the top 10 finalist designs. Winners will be announced on our site.
The semi-finalist judging and finalist voting will be based on the following criteria:
No. If we become aware of a finalist trading goods or services for votes in this contest, they will be disqualified. Promoting your design and asking for votes are both allowed. Details can be found here: FAQs.
Any socks produced, are created with the artist’s permission first. If we like a design that doesn’t win, we’ll contact you to see if you are interested before we move forward with production.
No. Contest entries will not be sent back to you, but we don’t own the rights to submitted contest entry designs: you do. However, by submitting a design you do grant us the right to use that design in our marketing activities and on our websites and social media channels. Once winners are chosen, we contact each artist before moving forward with production. We will own the rights to any version of the design we agree to produce on socks (e.g., if we modify or adjust the design as part of the sock design or manufacturing process). There is no additional compensation to winners beyond the prize.
They will be produced at the same manufacturers we use to create all our socks. They are located in South Korea, where our founder is from and first discovered fun, vibrant knee socks. We have visited the factories multiple times to ensure fair practices, and we have a close relationship with them. You can read (and see) more about one of the trips here: https://blog.sockittome.com/jays-asia-trip/.
For fun! Our founder, Carrie, created this contest over a decade ago in the fashion of the restaurant coloring contests we all did when we were kids waiting for our food to arrive. We have an amazing, full-time, professional apparel design team who come up with creative and unique sock designs ALL THE TIME (seriously, they are great). This contest is an opportunity for our fans to participate in the process and an opportunity for us to see, directly from our fans, what they think would be cool on a sock.
If you are the first place winner, we will send you twelve (12) pairs of socks.
Something that we don’t already have (take a look at our current line to see what is already available). Also avoid complex details or gradients as these are difficult to translate onto a sock. You can design any style you want (crew, knee high, etc.), though that might get changed during production.
Yes. You can submit up to 5 designs and the finalists are chosen based on merit, so it’s possible that one artist could end up with 2 designs in the voting period. This isn’t something that has happened frequently in the past, but you never know!
Unfortunately, we aren’t currently set up to offer tours. Our fun sock office will have to remain a mystery! You can take a look behind the scenes here: https://blog.sockittome.com/category/behind-the-scenes/.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. OPEN ONLY TO PERSONS WHO AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF ANY RESTRICTED TERRITORY (AS DEFINED IN SECTION 1) AND ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND OF THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND IN THE RESTRICTED TERRITORIES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sock It To Me “International Design-A-Sock” Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to persons who as of the date of entry (and, if a winner, as of the date of prize fulfillment) are not a legal resident of any Restricted Territory (as defined below) and who are 18 years of age or older and of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which the person resides. Eligible entrants who are a parent or legal guardian of a minor child are permitted to submit entries including the child’s design, as described below. Persons who at any time during the Entry Period (as defined below) (and, if a winner, as of the date of prize fulfillment) are an employee of Sock It To Me, Inc. (“Sponsor”), or any of Sponsor’s parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or advertising or promotion agencies or any other entity involved in the marketing or promotion of the Contest, or a member of the immediate family or household (whether or not related) of any such employee, are not eligible. Eligibility determinations will be made by Sponsor in its discretion and will be final and binding. The laws of the United States, and not the laws of any other country, govern this Contest. Void where prohibited by law and in the following territories: the Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Burundi, Central African Republic, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Nicaragua, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan/Darfur, South Sudan, Syria, Ukraine, Russia, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe (collectively, the “Restricted Territories”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: The entry period for the Contest begins at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on July 7, 2022 and continues through 5:00 p.m. PT on July 29, 2022 (the “Entry Period”). No purchase is necessary. To enter the Contest, during the Entry Period, visit the Contest website, located at contest.sockittome.com (the “Website”) and create a sock design using the provided template. Then, either follow the on-screen entry instructions to submit an entry (including the design) via the website, or print the completed entry template with your design and mail it, with your name, age, telephone number, e-mail address and residence address, to: Sock It To Me “International Design-A-Sock” Contest, 9592 SE Main St, Milwaukie, OR 97222. Submission of an entry via the Website will require the entrant to submit the entrant’s name, age, location, email address, phone number, and such other information as Sponsor may require. A sock design that is submitted for purposes of Contest entry is referred to in these Official Rules as a “Design.” Each Design must comply with the Design Guidelines set forth in Section 3. Submitting a Design and completing the entry form during the Entry Period constitutes acknowledgement of and consent to these Official Rules. An entrant who is the parent or legal guardian of a person under the age of 18 (a “Minor”) may submit a Design designed by the Minor, but the parent or legal guardian will be considered the entrant for the purposes of this Contest. An entrant who submits a Design created by a Minor must provide the minor’s name, age and relationship to the entrant. Limit five entries per person, regardless of entry method. Each Design must be original and unique and may be submitted only once. If a particular Design is submitted more than once, Sponsor will have the right to disqualify all entrants who submitted the duplicative Design, to accept only the first submission of the Design or to take such other action as Sponsor deems appropriate in its discretion. All entries must be completed prior to the conclusion of the Entry Period. Entries submitted via the online entry method must be received by Sponsor prior to the conclusion of the Entry Period. Entries submitted via the mail-in entry method must be postmarked by July 29, 2022 and received by Sponsor by no later than August 5, 2022. Entry times will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. Normal time rates and data charges, if any, charged by the entrant’s Internet or mobile service provider will apply. All entries are subject to verification at any time. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. Sponsor will have the right, in its discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor (including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification). Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
3. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Each Design must comply with the following guidelines: (a) the Design must be original and have been created solely by the entrant (or the entrant’s Minor child, if applicable); (b) the entrant must own the copyright in the Design; (c) the Design must not previously have been published or won any award; (d) the Design shall not identify, depict, contain or otherwise use the Personality Rights (as defined in Section 7) of any person other than the entrant; (e) the Design must not contain any material that violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation any copyright, trademark or right of privacy or publicity, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable law or regulation, or the use of which by the Licensees (as defined in Section 7) as permitted pursuant to these Official Rules would require a license or permission from or payment to any third party; (f) the Design must not contain any material that is disparaging, defamatory, threatening, indecent, sexually explicit, violent, obscene or offensive, or that promotes a political agenda, violence, bigotry or discrimination; and (g) the Design must not contain any material that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing and/or display. By submitting a Design, the entrant represents and warrants that the entrant has complied with all of the foregoing requirements. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Design that Sponsor determines does not comply with these guidelines or to require the entrant to make such changes to any Design as are necessary to make it compliant.
4. SELECTION OF SEMI-FINALISTS, FINALISTS AND WINNERS: Semi-Finalist Selection: Following the conclusion of the Entry Period, 30 semi-finalists will be selected by judges designated by Sponsor from among all Designs validly entered into the Contest, by applying the following criteria, weighted equally (the “Finalist Criteria”): (a) simplicity of design, (b) use of no more than six colors, (c) use of flat colors (i.e. no shading, blending or half-tones), (d) use of patterns, and (e) originality. In the event of a tie between any two Designs, the Design with the highest score in the “originality” criterion will be deemed the higher scoring Design. The Designs that receive the top 30 highest scores will be selected as semi-finalists. Finalist Selection: Following selection of the semi-finalists, Sponsor will upload the semi-finalist Designs to the Website, and will invite Sponsor’s fans to select via the Website Designs that they believe should be Contest winners, during the period from approximately 9:00 am PT on August 15, 2022 until approximately 5:00 pm PT on August 21, 2022 (the “Voting Period”). The 10 Designs that receive the most votes during the Voting Period will be selected as finalists. There is a limit of one voting session per person and per email address. If Sponsor determines or suspects that a person has submitted votes in excess of the stated daily maximum, or that any votes submitted are illegitimate, the result of fraud or are otherwise suspect (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), Sponsor will have the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any or all of the affected votes and/or to take such other actions as it deems appropriate, including disqualifying such person or IP address from future voting. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to prospective voters, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The use of any script, macro, or any automated system or software or any other mechanical or electronic means to generate votes or with the intent to impair the integrity of the voting process is prohibited and all such votes will be void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to nullify all votes obtained via such means and to disqualify any entrants whose Submissions are the subject of such voting from further voting or participation in the Contest. Winner Selection: Following conclusion of the Voting Period, one potential first prize winner, one potential second prize winner and one potential third prize winner will be selected by judges designated by Sponsor from among the 10 finalist Designs, by applying the following criteria, weighted equally: (a) simplicity of design, (b) use of no more than six colors, (c) use of flat colors (i.e. no shading, blending or half-tones), (d) use of patterns, (e) originality, and (f) use of imagery, themes, patterns or designs that are different from Sponsor’s current product lines. In the event of a tie between any two Designs, the Design with the highest score in the “originality” criterion will be deemed the higher scoring Design. The Design that receives the highest score will be selected as the potential first prize winner, the Design that receives the second highest score will be selected as the potential second prize winner, and the Design that receives the third highest score will be selected as the potential third prize winner. The odds of winning will depend on the number and quality of Designs validly entered into the Contest during the Entry Period.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: The potential prize winners will be notified on or about August 30, 2022 via phone or email at the phone number or email provided with their entry, and must respond to the initial notification attempt within 48 hours. Each potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and may, in Sponsor’s discretion, be required to submit proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor (including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification). Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. Verification of each potential winner’s eligibility may also include, without limitation, a background investigation. Each entrant consents to the conduct of a background investigation (which may include a review of criminal records) on the entrant and agrees to supply any authorizations or permissions deemed necessary by Sponsor in connection with any such investigation. Each entrant represents that he or she will provide accurate and truthful information to Sponsor in connection with eligibility verification. Sponsor will have the right to require that the potential winners each complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release, and any other documentation provided by Sponsor in connection with verification of the potential winner’s eligibility and confirmation of the releases and grant of rights set forth in these Official Rules (as applicable, “Winner Verification Documents”) within three days after attempted delivery of the document to the potential winner. The potential winner, if a U.S. resident, may also in Sponsor’s discretion be required to complete and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 within three days of attempted delivery of same. If any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner does not respond to Sponsor’s initial notification attempt within 48 hours, or if a potential winner does not complete, sign, and return any required Winner Verification Documents within three days after attempted delivery of the document to the potential winner, or if a potential winner does not satisfy the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1 or is not compliant with these Official Rules, or if Sponsor conducts a background investigation on a potential winner and determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to the potential winner, publicizing any facts or details about the potential winner or an association of the potential winner with Sponsor or the Contest might reflect negatively on Sponsor and/or its products or services or the Contest, Sponsor will have the right in its discretion to disqualify the potential winner and select an alternate winner.
6. PRIZE: One (1) first prize, one (1) second prize, and one (1) third prize will be offered. The first prize consists of (a) Two Thousand U.S. Dollars ($2,000), (b) the possibility that Sponsor may use the winner’s Design or a version or component thereof on socks, at Sponsor’s discretion, and (c) 12 pairs of socks. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the first prize is $2,141.00. The second prize consists of (a) One Thousand U.S. Dollars ($1,000) and (b) the possibility that Sponsor may use the winner’s Design or a version or component thereof on socks, at Sponsor’s discretion. The ARV of the second prize is $1,000. The third prize consists of (a) Six Hundred Fifty U.S. Dollars ($650) and (b) the possibility that Sponsor may use the winner’s Design or a version or component thereof on socks, at Sponsor’s discretion. The ARV of the third prize is $650. The aggregate ARV of all prizes is $3,791. Each prize will be awarded if properly claimed. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive any prize or any prize component is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which have the right to substitute any prize or any prize component with a prize or prize component of equal or greater monetary value selected by Sponsor in its discretion. All monetary prizes will be awarded in a form determined by Sponsor. Sponsor will not have any obligation to produce, distribute, sell, market or promote any particular quantity of socks utilizing any winning Design. Each prize consists only of the items expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of any prize or any prize component (including, Internet connection and/or data costs) are the responsibility of the winner. The prize is awarded “as is” and without any warranty, except as required by law. In no event will more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules be awarded. All federal, state and local taxes on the value of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued if required by law.
7. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and Sponsor’s parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and the agents and licensees of each of the foregoing and each of their respective successors and (collectively, the “Licensees”) the right to use the entrant’s name, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements attributed to the entrant (and that of entrant’s Minor child if submitting a Design created by such Minor) (“Personality Rights”), in marketing, promotional and publicity materials and communications relating to the Contest, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed (including without limitation via Sponsor’s and third-party websites and social media and digital channels), without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law. In addition, by submitting a Design, each entrant irrevocably grants to the Licensees a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit, create derivative works based on and otherwise use the Design, in whole or part, in marketing, promotional and publicity materials and communications relating to the Contest, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed (including without limitation via Sponsor’s and third-party websites and social media and digital channels), without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law. In addition, Sponsor will have the right to modify and use each of the winning Designs in connection with the creation, manufacture, distribution, advertising, marketing, promotion and sale of socks incorporating the Design or any version or component thereof. Sponsor will not in any event have any obligation to pay any fee, royalty, revenue share, sales proceeds or other payment of any kind to any entrant in connection with any use of a Design permitted pursuant to this Section 7.
8. RELEASE; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless each of the Licensees and all other companies involved in the development, operation or marketing of the Contest or the provision of any prize or any component of any prize, and the successors and assigns of each of the foregoing, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of each of the foregoing (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, causes of action and liabilities of any kind that the entrant ever had, now has or might in the future have arising out of or relating to the Contest, participation in the Contest, the use of the Website, the acceptance, receipt, participation in or use of any prize or any component thereof, the entrant’s Personality Rights or the entrant’s Design, including without limitation any and all claims, causes of action and liabilities (a) relating to any personal injury, death or property damage or loss sustained by any entrant or any other person, (b) based upon any allegation of violation of the right of privacy or publicity, copyright infringement, misappropriation, defamation or violation of any other personal or proprietary right or (c) or based upon any allegation of a violation of any law, rule or regulation relating to personal information or data security. Each entrant agrees not to assert any such claim or cause of action against any of the Released Parties. Each entrant assumes the risk of, and all liability for, any injury, loss or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest, the use of any Contest-related website or the provision, acceptance or use of any prize or prize component. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will have not have any liability in connection with, (v) any typographical, printing, production, distribution or other error in the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of prizes or winners, (w) late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human, mechanical or technical error of any kind relating to the operation of the Website, communications or attempted communications with any entrant, the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Contest, (x) any “act of god” or other force majeure event outside of Sponsor’s control that may cause any postponement or cancellation of any prize-related activity or interfere with, delay or prevent the provision of any prize, (y) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail or (z) any damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest.
9. GENERAL RULES: Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules (including without limitation by adjusting any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules) and to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest at any time in its discretion, including without limitation if a virus, bug, technical problem, entrant fraud or misconduct or other cause beyond the control of Sponsor corrupts the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Contest or if for any other reason Sponsor is not able to conduct the Contest as planned (including without limitation in the event the Contest is interfered with by any fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or of public enemy, communications failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, federal, state or local law, order or regulation or court order). In the event of termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted on the Website and a random drawing will be conducted to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Contest any individual who, in Sponsor’s discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Website or the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair practices, (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrant or any representative of Sponsor or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR HAS THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY PERSON INVOLVED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The use of agents or automated devices, programs or methods to submit entries is prohibited and Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes may have been submitted using such an agent or automated device, program or method. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the registered user of the e-mail account provided in connection with the entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be verified or returned. By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in any way without the prior written consent of Sponsor.
10. DISPUTES: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or the provision, acceptance and/or use of any prize or prize component will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (Note: Some jurisdictions do not allow restricting access to class actions. This provision will not apply to entrants who live in such a jurisdiction); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and (d) each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest will be an action at law for the recovery of monetary damages only, and in no event will the entrant have the right to enjoin or otherwise interfere with the exercise by the Licensees of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules or terminate or rescind any of the rights granted in these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the respective rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Oregon without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Oregon. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Contest or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in Multnomah County in the State of Oregon, waiving any right to trial by jury, and each entrant consents to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to any of the foregoing. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and any Contest information provided elsewhere (including but not limited in advertising or marketing materials), these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNERS’ NAMES AND RULES REQUESTS: For the names of the winners, available after August 31, 2022, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Sock It to Me “International Design-A-Sock” Contest, 9592 SE Main Street, Milwaukie, OR, 97222, USA.
13. Sponsor: Sock It To Me, Inc., Milwaukie, OR.